Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Plain Jane Carrot Cake

Here's a plain and simple carrot cake recipe that's popular here at my home.
I'm sure you can tweak the recipe to make it more healthy.
Most of the carrot cakes here have added spices to enhance the flavor however I like it simple!
 It taste better for me =)

Ingredients:
 6 medium/large carrots shredded
4 large eggs
1/2 xicara (tea cups) oil
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 1/2 xicara (tea cups) flour
2 xicara (tea cups) sugar

1 xicara (tea cup) is about 7ounce?

Directions:

Peel off skin of carrots and then shred.

In a mixer, mix eggs and sugar for about 2 minutes. Then, add oil, flour and baking powder and mix it all together. Lastly, add shredded carrots and mix again until everything is blended in.
Place in a pan and bake at 350. I'm not sure for how long. I checked periodically. Insert a toothpick and if nothing sticks it's ready. Let cool and serve.

PS. Personally I would cut back on the sugar but it was a new recipe so I was afraid it wouldn't taste right.

 My little helper







 Pre-cooked




Ready to EAT!!!!

1 comment:

  1. yummmmmmmmm that looks delicious!


    xoxo
    Melina ♥
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello and Thank you